Cavity which occurs from one year to six years of kids life. This involves multiple milk teeth which often looks like teeth stains in young children. The major reason is due to prolonged breast feeding and the another major reason is also use of bottle feeding etc.
A space maintainer is placed following early loss/extraction of milk molars. It is a fixed appliance which is place on the neighbouring tooth of the tooth which has been removed due to excessive infection and damage. It maintains the space which was previously occupied by the tooth so that when permanent tooth will erupt it will erupt in right position.
Caps in Milk Tooth
Badly damaged milk back tooth requires additional support like the tooth with large cavity or a broken tooth.
It is also strongly recommended in all the milk teeth which undergo root canal treatment.Root Canal Treatment
When tooth decay (caries) isn't treated on time, it gets deeper and the infection reaches the nerve (pulp tissue). Such teeth requires endodontic treatment (root canal treatment). This may also be required when a tooth fractures, following the injury.
Fillings in Milk Teeth
Fillings in milk teeth is done when cavity has not gone deep down and infecting the nerve of tooth. Even fracture of front tooth in children and teenagers due to accident or injury and broken tooth due to any other reasons can be treated like how they were before with right type of filling. In kids choice of filling material should be one which releases medication and which prevents occurrence of future cavitation my making the environment PH stable.
The chewing surfaces of back teeth which have deep pit and fissures are more prone to developing cavities in children. These can be prevented by the application of pit and fissure sealants.
Welcome to Your Family Dentist Liverpool, a state-of-the-art dental clinic located in Liverpool at 67 Elizabeth Drive, Sydney, NSW . We believe that every person is entitled to a beautiful, healthy smile and it is our mission to makes a difference in each of our patient’s lives.
CHILDREN NEED SPECIAL CARE
- We recognize children need special care. Our goal is to set them on the path for a lifetime of exceptional dental and oral health.
- All are crown are made from leading Australian laboratories. All are material comes from leading Australian distributors.
CDBS (Child Dental Benefit Scheme)
- The Child Dental Benefit Schedule has arrived at YFDL !
- The Australian Government has recently introduced CDBS for eligible patients in age group of 2 to 17 year. Where eligible children can get treatment which includes check-ups, radiographs, restorations etc. worth $1000 over a period of two years.
- Dentist at the surgery think that it is a perfectly diverted scheme to encourage young ones towards healthy dentation and beautiful smiles.