Veneers (laminates) are thin, tooth-coloured shells that are crafted and shaped to bond to the front of your teeth. They can be used instead of a crown if your tooth is strong and healthy. Veneers are excellent for treating chipped or discoloured teeth and will give a spectacular lift to your smile. They can also be used to eliminate gaps between the teeth.
Treatment involves removal of a thin layer from your tooth and an impression being taken. Two or three visits to your clinician are necessary and an appointment typically takes between one and two hours. If you follow a good oral-hygiene routine, your veneers will be with you for many years to come.
- Porcelain veneers are an ideal solution for chipped, uneven, or discoloured teeth. The teeth are prepared by removing a small amount of the front surface of the tooth (about 0.3 to 0.5 mm — the thickness of a fingernail) to allow space for the porcelain. A thin sliver of porcelain or composite resin is then permanently cemented to the front teeth. Two or three visits to your clinician will be necessary. An appointment typically takes from one to two hours.
Good dental hygiene will extend the life of your veneers, however they do require extra care to ensure they are not damaged by hard foods. In some cases, they may require protection from excessive grinding.
Direct Laminate Veneers
Direct laminate veneers are a conservative alternative to porcelain veneers as they seldom require any removal of tooth structure. These veneers are created by applying layers of bonded ceramic composite to the surface of the tooth which cures and hardens. This is polished to create a natural looking tooth. Direct laminate veneers are easier to apply on suitable teeth, but are not as strong as porcelain veneers and may not last as long.
- Can correct most aesthetic concerns you have about your teeth
- Chip and fracture resistant
- Stain resistant
- Incredibly natural appearance
- Created to match your natural tooth in terms of shape, size, and color
- Improves both the appearance and the strength of your teeth
- No recovery period and virtually no side effects
- We focus on patient care by delivering the necessary treatment without compromising our patients’ health.
- We accept most insurance plans, Medicare and DentiCare. For patients who are not covered by insurance, we offer our best discounts plans time to time, which offers patients discounts of up to 30% off our services.
Benefits of Veneers:
FOCUS ON PATIENTS